Pet neutering/spaying is one of the main concerns for pet owners. With the uncontrolled increasing population of pets it was important to find an easy and simple way to neuter animals without complications. All veterinarians and researching scientists are cognizant of this issue and there are many researchers working to find a best product. On February 17, 2014 a new product, Zeutrin, was launched for chemical spaying / neutering of animals & pets by ArkSciences. There are also many other inject-able spaying medicines available and we will try to list them soon.
What is “Zeutrin” Chemically ?
Chemically Zeutrin is Zinc gluconate neutralized with arginine. It’s an injection that is injected into each testicle of Dog.
What “Zeutrin” Does ?
It reduces the testosterone level by 41% to 52% on an average.
How “Zeutrin” is injected ?
Zeutrin must be injected after sedating the animal and anesthesia is not necessary. The complete procedure is as follow:
- Deliver light sedation.
- General anesthesia not recommended
- Gently cleanse and disinfect the scrotum
- Measure dose based on testicular width 20 & 28+ gauge needles
- Pass the needle from the cranial aspect of the testicle, just ventral to the head of the epididymis
- Position the needle along the long axis of the testicle in the center of the testicular parenchyma
- Finish with reversal agent and NSAID